Sometimes I do a little Five Things Friday over on my flickr page. There have been a lot of pedestrians walking in the 15th Street Bike Lane lately.
- Lately, I’ve been thinking about ownership; for example, we are proprietary about our roads here in the U.S.
- Sidewalks are for pedestrians (rightfully so), and cars are the king of the road; cyclists get a few bike lanes and intermittent scoldings by drivers to get on the sidewalk.
- When I was in France this summer, it felt like motorists viewed the road more communally; l felt I had just as much right to be on the road as anybody else and nobody yelled at me to get on the sidewalk.
- We’re not that successful at sharing space here.
- Until we get to that place where we can view space more communally, I would really like it if people would not walk in the bike lane; it’s all we have.