Whew! What a fast and busy week. It must be the season, especially that Randonneurmas! Nevertheless, I have a few things to share.
- Red Light Running: Remember last week’s link to a study about Red Light Running? Broads of the Beltway explained her experience and approach to being a cyclist in urban traffic. I can relate.
- Maid of the Bike: Porta-John found a mysterious D.C. newspaper piece from 1896 called Maid of the Bike. What the back story is, we’ll never know. I’m so glad to see Porta-John sharing this local vintage treasure.
- Bike touring is the best! I took a virtual journey with While Out Riding as they spent some time in Joshua Tree National Park. What an amazing place. This post made me want to make sure I return there someday, this time with my bicycle.
- Sometimes bike touring is not the best! I love this reflection from Path Less Pedaled about being in the middle of a coast-to-coast cycling trip and feeling like you don’t want to turn the pedals anymore. What keeps you going?
- Bike touring IS the best! Give a Bike just finished their year-long exploration of all 50 states. Pretty amazing. They did a beautiful job of capturing their journey, and I particularly liked the staged state sign photos.
In case you can’t tell, I’d rather be bike touring than bike commuting. For now, though, the commuting and weekend adventures will have to do. Enjoy the weekend, everybody, and try not to eat too many sweets (like I did) at those holiday parties!!