I blinked my eyes and the now the weekend is upon us. I like weeks like that.
Hope all is well with all of you. I’ve been spending some evening hours perusing the utilitaire posts. Thanks to everybody who is taking the time to write up and tweet their trips. They make for such fun reads!
That’s not all I’ve been doing. I read a few other bike-related posts and took in a couple videos I think you’ll like:
- PBP 2011 Video. For those of you who have not yet seen the official video of Paris-Brest-Paris, campyonly put a copy up on YouTube for your enjoyment.
- Make your Life Awesome. This post about 100 People Doing Extraordinary Things provided hours of inspired reading. I didn’t see any randonneurs on the list, but it does note some athletic endeavors.
- Sew Your Own Bike Accessories. 2wheelerme decided she wanted some accessories for her cycling. Rather than purchasing them at a store, she has started sewing hats, caps, and sunglasses cases to use on the bike.
- Bike- and Pedestrian-Friendly Cities. The Mineta Transportation Institute of San José State University recently issued a study analyzing what cities can do to better integrate bike and pedestrian traffic. Based in part on case studies, interviews, and surveys, you can read the full shebang or choose the summary version.
- An Alternative to #FridayCoffeeClub. Is #FridayCoffeeClub too early for you? Pedal ‘n Purl is coordinating a couple of evening get togethers for the #bikeDC crowd and wants to know if you can attend.
- I can do that. Wait. No, I can’t. Mickael Dupont took a vintage step-through bike and turned it into an agile stunt machine. I was especially taken with his forward flips off the bike. I wish I could do that. I would really impress people at my office.
Looking forward to finishing the work week and heading for the country. Hope you can get outside, too. Good weekend, all!