The time has arrived to announce the 2013 successful Errandonnee finishers and Honorable Mentions. Before I do, though, I just want to say what a fabulous time I’ve had getting to know all the errandeurs and getting to know a little bit of how you make a go of doing errands by bike in your town.
This challenge included the broadest geographic range of participants for any of the challenges I’ve hosted. People braved some stiff winter chill, wind, and even snow to complete the Errandonnee. Well done, everyone!
Below are three Magic Errandonnee Maps to illustrate where Errandonnees occurred. (I am remiss in including Australia, but I will update the post soon, too, ok?)
In addition, this was the first challenge where not only adults participated, but kids errandeured as well (in the company of their parents). That was so inspiring, and helped me see how families make people-powered transit work in their everyday lives.
That brings me to the prizes.
All successful Errandonnee finishers earn an embroidered gold star patch. Yes, a gold star! This star can be ironed on to a bag, a t-shirt, or whatever other item you like.
Those who could not quite complete the Errandonnee for whatever reason, but put forth a solid effort earn an embroidered silver star!
Finally, some participants will receive a hearts patch representing Righteousness Points earned during the Errandonnee. The hearts recognize the challenge taking place over Valentine’s Day AND the fact that you deserve Righteousness Points. (Please note that the distribution of righteousness points is subjective, but is generally based on riding in inclement weather or weather that would make me physically uncomfortable to ride in.)
All kids who accompanied their parent during the challenge earn an Honorable Mention, and you will see them noted after the respective Errandonnee Finisher. All families will receive righteousness points because errandeuring as a family is extra awesome!
So as you can see, the prizes are sort of like the Olympics, yet different.
- Bill A. @tangobiker Portland, OR*
- Justin A. @jdantos Washington, DC
- Alex B. Longer Baca Washington, DC
- Tom B. Madison, WI
- Crystal B. Aesthetics of Everywhere Washington, DC
- David B. db bicycles. Chicago, IL
- Chris B. Lincoln, NE (Chris’s son Elliot rode several rides with his father and earns Honorable Mention as a result!)
- Bob C. Windy Run Arlington, VA
- Madeleine C. Family Ride Seattle, WA (Note: Her two children also errandeured with her for some rides so they earn Honorable Mention!)
- Barb C. Bike Style Spokane Seattle, WA
- Janice C. Jchernekoff’s Blog Lyon Station, PA
- Kirstin C. Ultrarunnergirl Washington, DC
- Kate D. Washington DC
- Deb D. Debiguity Arlington, VA
- Jaime F. @bogrosemary Washington, DC
- Felkerino. The Daily Randonneur Washington, DC*
- Annie F. Annie Bikes Burlington, VT
- Adam F. @ajfroggie Washington, DC
- Rose G. @rfglenn BIKESBIKESBIKES Pittsburgh, PA
- Nate G. Arlington, VA
- Adam G. @GrafficRed Washington, DC
- Danny H. @BikeFortWorth Fort Worth, TX
- Gray H. Me and the Mundo Ft. Collins, CO
- Glen H. Sioux City, IA
- David H. Chevy Chase, MD
- Enid K. Biking Yogini Arlington, VA
- Jesse K. A Rebalanced Life Seattle WA
- M.J. K. Cascade Bicycle Club Seattle, WA (M.J.’s two kids also participated on rides with her and thus, earn Honorable Mentions!)
- Bob K. Robert Kerner’s Blog Port Washington, NY
- Peter K. Silver Spring, MD
- Patrick L. pdlamb Huntsville, AL
- Chris L. Arnold, MD
- Lisa L. @LL0505050 West Hollywood, CA
- Anders L. Marsta, Sweden
- Will L. Falls Church, VA
- Lisa M. @LDMay Takoma Park, MD
- Tracy M. Tracycler (Fat bike alert!) Lincoln, NE
- Sean Mc. @SMcCarthyNBCT Murrieta, CA (Note: Sean’s son accompanied him on at least one errand and thus earns honorable mention.)
- Linda Mc. The Surleigh Chronicles Albany, NY
- Keith Mc. tuckamoredew Edmonton, Alberta Canada!
- Andrea Mc. PhysicsGirl on the Loose Toronto, Ontario Canada!
- Maija M. @TheAirgonaut Pittsburgh, PA
- Aimee M. Froggy’s Hoppings Longmont, CO
- Melissa N. Mansker Upcycled Anaconda, MT (Melissa’s daughter participated on several outings with her (in Montana no less), and garners an Honorable Mention for her efforts.)
- Trish N. @WWJB Mt. Rainier, MD
- Ted N. @MrTinDC Washington, DC
- Nathan N. Clodhopper Rides Sioux Center, IA
- Joan O. Arlington, VA
- Eric P. Takoma Park, MD
- Jonathon P. Baltimore, MD
- Scott P. @SognRider Seattle, WA
- Jean R. @jerdlngr Washington, DC
- Rudi R. randomduck Washington, DC
- John R. Porta-John Washington, DC*
- Ken S. Alexandria, VA
- Lisa S. Rambling Rider Washington, DC
- Ty S. The Crazy Randonneur San Francisco, CA
- B. S. The Brompton Diaries West Chester, PA
- George S. The Hudson Valley Randonneur West Park, NY
- Charlie T. @chasthos Arlington, VA
- Leslie T. Arlington, VA
- Christopher W. Christopher Walsh Photography New York, NY
- Kelley W. I didn’t know THAT! Reston, VA
- Emilio Z. @randoturtle Alicante, Spain!
- Mike B. @chespksailor Severna Park, MD
- Vicki C. Bicycles in Newcastle Newcastle NSW Australia
- Scott D. Annapolis, MD
- Sally H. Town Mouse Irongray, Dumfries Scotland
- Brian U. Blacksburg, VA
*Indicates completion of all Chasing Mailboxes challenges.
You will know if you received Righteousness Points if they arrive with your star. Once again, I want to let all the participants know what a great February I had. Reading your tweets, blog posts, and control card submissions reminded me how lucky I am to be a bike rider and to be part of the cycling community.
One more thing: If somehow I missed you, PLEASE email me or note it in the comments and I will update the results as soon as I can. Thanks!!