Ride reports have been popping up all over since the conclusion of Paris-Brest-Paris (PBP) 2019. These stories come from various parts of the world, and I’ve been enjoying seeing the event from other riders’ perspectives. It also gives me an even better sense of how large PBP really is.
I’m going to use this page to aggregate the stories that I’ve found or that have been shared through various social outlets, and will add to this list as more reports are written.
This is a list of all the reports I’ve seen. They are organized based on start time (90-hour, 84-hour, and 80-hour). If you wrote a report and I placed it in the wrong section, please let me know.
If you have a report to share, please send it along!
A+ to everyone who wrote something up – it’s quite a feat to attempt this big ride and then write and reflect about it.
There are also some video blogs and features, and they follow the written ride stories.
Ride Reports (by Start Time)
- PBP 2019: A Study in Sleepiness and Lesson on Relentless Forward Progress, Medium post by Kelley Wegang (We rode the final km of PBP with Kelley!)
- 19th Edition of Paris-Brest-Paris, L’Equipe Provence
- A Randonneur’s Dream-PBP 2019, RKARTHIKPRAKASH
- PBP and Beyond, Life from My Perch (A dramatic post-ride tale here, too.)
- 18-22 Aug: Paris-Brest-Paris 2019, CTC Cambridge
- PBP 2019, As I Saw It, Putting It Out There (Another D.C. Randonneur, congratulations Jack!)
- PBP 2019, Richard Bragg
- 1,200km in 87 hours with 7 hours of sleep — on a bicycle, CBC News
- Paris-Brest-Paris 2019, Ride Report by Martin Cooper, Randonneurs Ontario
- Paris-Brest-Paris 2019, a Ride Report by John Cumming, Randonneurs Ontario
- Paris-Brest-Paris 2019, Ride Report by Charles Horslin, Randonneurs Ontario
- Paris-Brest-Paris on a Fixed Gear? Temple Cycles pre-ride interview with Eleanor, who became the third woman to finish PBP on a fixie (an exclusive group that also includes Emily O’Brien!).
- British cyclist becomes third woman ever to complete Paris-Brest-Paris on a fixie, road.cc
- Paris-Brest-Paris: 1200km bike ride for cake, Rory McCarron of Leigh Day
- Paris-Brest-Paris 2019, Dan’s Rando Adventures (Hi Dan! Sorry we missed seeing you at PBP!)
- My First PBP: Best Laid Plans, Mike Hagen
- PBP 2019, Bob Goodison
- Paris-Brest-Paris 2019, Expect Adventure
- My PBP Experience – Anne, PBP 2019 Blog
- My PBP Experience – Tony, PBP 2019 Blog
- Paris-Brest-Paris 2019, Tiff012 Cycling Adventures
- PBP: The Ride, Driftless Randonneur (Greg, I want this much sleep on PBP!)
- Vancouver woman sets record at prestigious French long-distance cycling event, Vancouver Sun
- On the Final Day of PBP, Iron Rider
- Paris-Brest-Paris 2019, Veloblan
- Paris Brest Paris, 365 Days of Cycling
- Losing my PBP Virginity, colincanride
- PBP Ride Report, Charlie Martin
- Paris Brest Paris 2019 – De Rambouillet à St Nicolas de Pelem, Le Blog de Brigitte
- Paris-Brest-Paris 2019, Pavel Klinov
- PBP 2019, GDelNerobiking
- Beyond the jitters and through the bulge: my PBP 2019, Cycling Intelligence
- PBP 2019: PBP makes me cry (again), audaxery
- PBP 2019, James Thinks
- There and Back Again: Paris-Brest-Paris 2019, Dark Noon Cycling Adventures
- PBP2019 selon Dominique, «mon premier (et dernier) Paris Brest Paris !», CycloTourisme de la Ville de Sceaux
- PBP2019 selon Cherif, « … et soudain le silence total au milieu des arbres », CycloTourisme de la Ville de Sceaux
- PBP2019 selon Stéphane, « les enfants nous attendent pour nous taper dans la main », CycloTourisme de la Ville de Sceaux
- PBP2019 selon Jean-Luc, « un peu d’états d’âme et un brin de chronologie », CycloTourisme de la Ville de Sceaux
- PBP2019 selon Serge, « mon 2ème et très probablement le dernier », CycloTourisme de la Ville de Sceaux
- PBP2019 selon Paul, « je me suis endormi plusieurs fois sur le vélo », CycloTourisme de la Ville de Sceaux
- PBP2019 selon Bertrand, « revoir des amis cyclos », CycloTourisme de la Ville de Sceaux
- Paris Brest Paris, Kent Valley Road Club
- 2019 Paris-Brest-Paris, tabula-raser.de
- Paris-Brest-Paris (PBP) 2019, A cycling experience to treasure a lifetime, Felix KA
- Paris-Brest-Paris 2019, Deano_44
- Paris Brest Paris 2019, yorkbadger
- How to Cycle 1220 km Powered Only By Plants, Plant-Powered Pedaling
- Paris Brest Paris 2019. Part 1 of 5, The Wattmeister… make watts not war
- Paris-Brest-Paris, Hans Versmissen
- My Paris Ride, David Deakins
- The Final Chapter in My PBP Journey, Mawona Velo
- It’s Supposed to Be Fun, Two Wheels Good
- Paris-Brest-Paris 2019, Church of Rotating Mass
- Team VCJ Does Paris-Brest-Paris, Ode to Cycling
- L’Aventure PBP 2019 by Bruno
- Let’s Ride (the first in a multi-part series), A Barrows Abroad
- Paris-Brest-Paris 2019 through a film camera, Poohitan
- Paris Best Paris: The ultimate party on wheels, Chris
- Paris Best Paris, Pain And Cycling
- PBP 2019 ou la symphonie inachevée d’un PBP transformé en PBC, J’aime le vélo!
- 1200km 88 sati uživanja i bola / Pariz Brest Pariz 2019, 2 Bike
- Paris Brest Paris 2019, blanc upas vélo équipe
- Paris-Brest-Paris 2019: A Cycling Adventure, Long Bike Rides
VierDrei Sonnenuntergänge bis Paris . . . Tom Johnen
- PARIS-BREST-PARIS 2019. Le récit de Gilles du Cyclo Club Courpalay, Mary Gilles
- Paris-Brest-Paris Randonneur 2019, The Diagonaliste
- The Fourth Time is a Charm? PBP 2019, 449 KM, Part 1 of 4 (San Francisco randonneur and RBA Rob Hawks, who we rode with a fair amount this year!)
- A Love Letter to Paris-Brest-Paris, The Daily Randonneur (Had to include this guy’s report in the roundup!)
- PBP 2019: Sleep Stop Serenade (Decided to add my own post to this list!)
- Chris Ashford Completes the Paris-Brest-Paris Cycle Event, Tri Training Harder
- Paris-Brest-Paris 2019 Ride Report (on a fixed gear), Metin (Who we saw briefly on PBP, as he was also in the 84-hour group.)
- PBP2019 selon Denis, « j’irai jusqu’à confondre des cyclo avec les zébra de la DDE! », CycloTourisme de la Ville de Sceaux
- Paris Brest Paris 2019: I Came, I Saw, I am in Awe, Bhanu’s Adventures in Life
- Paris-Brest 2019, Roger of D.C. Randonneurs
- Paris Brest Paris 2019, galluscycles
- Paris-Brest-Paris 2019, MealyBar.co.uk
- Paris-Brest-Paris 1200K Race 2019, The Gasman
- Paris-Brest-Paris 2019 – Never Give Up!, Stoychev Cycling (A fellow D.C. Randonneur, congrats Georgi!)
- Puducherry resident completes Paris-Brest-Paris race in maiden attempt, The Hindu
- PBP 2019 – My Story, ET’s PBP
- Paris Brest Paris: A Journey Through the Hills, Brendan Puli
- 2019 Paris-Brest-Paris, Ryan Francesconi
- Paris-Brest-Paris 2019: C’est Exactement ca et Rien d’Autre, Stefan Haehnel and Tom Bockshecker
- Paris-Brest-Paris 2019—A Haligonian’s Perspective, John Archibald
- Paris-Brest-Paris, dans l’oeil de Bernard Le Bars, L’Equipe
- Velo Chat, Damon Peacock (who is assembling a nice set of videos about this edition of PBP). This particular video features our own Bill Russell who, after his interview, can be heard in the background talking about how he customized his velomobile.
- PBP 2019: People, human declinations at the 19th Paris-Brest-Paris, Nicoló CANEPARO (This is one of an engaging series of video about the event)
- CONCOURS DE MACHINES x Paris-Brest-Paris, Jeanne
- Paris Brest Paris 2019, Ryan Hamilton
- Paris-Brest-Paris on a Cruzbike Vendetta, Tor Hovland
- Paris-Brest-Paris (Parts 1-8), An Qiao Teh
- Paris Brest Paris 2019 – Why do you need to ride the Paris Brest Paris? Avanti Cycling
- Paris Brest Paris 2019, HERE I COME, Richard Lake (also a multi-video set of the event, and we are in this video at some point. “We’re gonna crush it!”)
- Paris Brest Paris 2019, Lane Coddington (Who we rode with quite a bit on last year’s Coulee Challenge 1200K… congrats Lane!)
- Paris Brest Paris 2019, Ara Kanta
- Paris Brest Paris Short Video with music, George Paragalas
- Paris Brest Paris 2019, Stoychev Ultracycling
- I am proud of myself for PBP 2019, Jerry Chen
- Paris-Brest-Paris 2019 in 4 minutes, Jamal Rahman
- Paris-Brest-Paris passage à Brest, Noel Boulch
- Paris-Brest-Paris: le point d’étape à Tinténiac, France 3 Bretagne
- Fixed Gear PBP, Eleanor Jaskowska
- The PBP home movie: First Half – Out to Brest. Part 2 – Return from Brest, Iron Rider
- France 2019 avant pendant aprés, Pascal Phillippe
- Paris Brest Paris 2019, Cyclo Barge
- Paris Brest Paris 2019, personal memories, machosdinner
- Paris Brest Paris 2019, Ryan Hamilton
- 1200km Paris Brest Paris 2019 audax vlog, Adam Watkins
- Paris-Brest-Paris : le point d’étape à Tinténiac,one of a series of videos done by France 3 Bretagne
- Paris Brest Paris 2019 Oficial ACP, Audax Club Parisien
Have a ride report or video to add here? Please let me know!
Bonjour, mon récit! Merci
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks Mary pretty sure they are going to be enjoyable to read
Just read Kelley’s report and it’s just amazing.
Only ever been that tired once before and I was travelling by motorcycle and that required far less energy than riding a bicycle.
Given I am going to read them all over the next few days it might be easier to summarise my thoughts here by saying I have the upmost respect for all those that enter the PBP and whether you finish or not your all winners in my eyes. As much as I would like to do it I know that I could not even qualify to do it so as I have said much respect to all of you than can.
Thank you, Ted! I am so excited to read through the reports, too, and to check out some of the video people captured along the way. Thousands of unique experiences occurring on the very same bike ride. It’s fun to read about everyone’s ride.
LikeLiked by 1 person
As a first-timer and an old-timer, I felt compelled to write down EVERYTHING before randonesia set in, thus this report is rather lengthy.
LikeLiked by 1 person
That’s okay, no page limits when it comes to personal blogs!
I greatly enjoyed Metin’s report on the Paceline Forums. He did it (again) on a fixie. https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?p=2588513#post2588513
This is a great report (and we even make a brief appearance :)), thanks Harald!
LikeLiked by 1 person
[…] a MEGALIST of all PBP blogs from MG (nice […]
Thanks for putting together the list if blogs – makes me realise mine has a predictable title!
Brilliant! Two of our Kent Valley Road Club riders did P-B-P this year: their blog is here https://www.kentvalley.co.uk/blog/paris-brest-paris
Awesome! I’ll add the recent updates tonight. Thank you!
You might add a footnote alongside the reference to my blog (https://yorkbadger.wordpress.com/2019/09/07/pbp-2019/) to say it includes an analysis of where in the world everyone came from in 2019 (based on the PBPresults.com website).
[…] Bem, repetir talvez não. A hora de saída no PBP 2023 é ainda uma incógnita e, enquanto o tempo não passa, boas leituras… […]
Hey! Thanks for such a great collection of stories, it’s a very nice stuff to read during warm winter evenings at home 🙂
2019’s PBP was my first one, I did it on a singlespeed, took some film photos and wrote a report as well. Maybe you will like it: https://poohitan.com/p/paris-brest-paris-through-a-film-camera/en
Just come across this page – very nice! Here’s my write up (on p.4 onwards): https://www.cambridge-cycling-club.org.uk/documents/newsletters/January2020.pdf
[…] Mary, the creator of Coffeeneuring, and her partner, Ed. Mary also has a write-up roundup. […]
Would you please add my story and video.
Thanks a lot anod great job for you blog !
Yes. Thank you, Pascal, for your story and video!
Reading all the stories collected here brings back many memories from last year. I wrote my own story in dutch, but it is quite readable for English speaking readers when processed by Google translate, so I post the link here anyway: http://verbatranseuntia.blogspot.com/2019/08/daarheen-en-weer-terug.html
Belated congratulations. Hopefully by the time of the next one Covid will be history.