Since I began riding brevets, I have often heard the phrase “Spirit of Randonneuring.” Blah blah blah represents the Spirit of Randonneuring. Doop be doop does not. Randonneuring means different things to different people, and the selection of photos below represents the images from this past year that fall into my own definition of the Spirit of Randonneuring.
1. The faces of riders at the early morning starts.
2. Good moments at controls (with good food and sunny days an added plus!).
3. Pedaling and talking the miles away with others.
4. Helpful and friendly people to sign your control card.
5. Having someone ride out and meet you at the end of your big ride.
6. The accomplishment of finishing your first Super Randonneur series.
These all define some aspect of my idea of the Spirit of Randonneuring. Like I keep saying, I’m glad I don’t have to pick just one photo to share. Throw your photos into the mix of memories by e-mailing a photo (or two, or three) to gersemalina “at” gmail.com!