Since starting randonnduring in 2005, I’ve written a variety of ride reports. They’ve appeared in various places, and I’ve tried to track them down and feature them on this page.
Many of these stories, ride reports, and other items of randonneuring interest you can find on The Daily Randonneur, a blog written and curated primarily by my randonneur and real-life spouse Felkerino.
To read any of the stories, please click the corresponding link.
MG Thursdays. Ruminations on various randonneuring and cycling themes.
- You’ll Never Get Anywhere With That Little Light
- Good Brevet Training
- Randonneuring– It’s Just Bike Riding
- Successful Randonneuring
- The Language of Tandem
- Randonneuring and Dentists
- Don’t Make Me Bike to Work Week
- Socially Acceptable Bragging Part I of III, The “How Was Your Weekend” Conversation
- Socially Acceptable Bragging Part II of III, The Ride Report
- Socially Acceptable Bragging Part III of III, Photos
- The Crucial Stop
- Never Believe What Anyone Tells You About the Course
- Randonneuring – for the Domestically Disinclined
- How to Talk About the Weather – Don’t
1200K and 1000K Stories
- Colorado High Country 2012: A Breathtaking Trip Out West
- PBP 2011: You Have to Go to Know
- MG & Felkerino’s Paris-Brest-Paris 2011 by Tandem
- Endless Mountains 1000K 2010: An Experiment in Randonneur Amnesia
- My Sexy Randonneur Lifestyle: 2006 Cascade 1200K
- Randonneuring: When It’s Worth the Effort. 2012 DCR 600K
- The Ride of Redemption: the 2011 Shenandoah 600K
- DCR Many Rivers 600K, 2010
- Tales from the Table: A Volunteer’s Story of the 2007 D.C. Randonneurs 600K
- What Did You Do This Weekend? 2006 DCR Frederick, Maryland, 600K
- The Last Ride of My First Series in 2005: Thoughts on Riding 600K
400K Brevet Writeups
- From One Sunrise to Another: 2012 D.C. Randonneurs 400K
- 2012 D.C. Randonneurs 400K Checkout Ride
- MG’s Awesome 2010 DCR 400K
- Practically Perfection: 2008 North Carolina 400K
- No More Turkey Sandwiches – EVER! The 2006 DCR Frederick, Maryland, 400K.
300K Ride Reports
- Don’t Think, Just Ride: 2012 D.C. Randonneurs Warrenton, Virginia, 300K
- DCR 2011 Contrary Mother of All 300Ks
- An ‘Epic’ 2010 D.C. Randonneurs 300K
- Left in the Parking Lot: My 2007 DCR 300K Story
- The Triumph of the Turkey Sandwiches: 2006 DCR Frederick, Maryland 300K.
- 2012 Flèche Footnotes: Table for Five
- No “I” in Uncorked: the 2008 Flèche
- The Gray Ghosts Ride Again: 2006 Flèche
Write-ups about Permanents
- An R-12 Affair
- 2009 Roaring Lion 200K Permanent
- BPB (Big Pukin’ Bike ride) 2008 Double Middletown 600K Permanent
- Devil’s Daughter 206K Permanent, 2008
Other Rides that Deserved a Report
- Tuning Up for Paris-Brest-Paris, 2011
- Tune-Up Tour 2010, Day 1. Warrenton to Lexington, Virginia – 175 miles
- Tune-Up Tour 2010, Day 2. Lexington to Warrenton, Virginia – 146 miles
- Ghosts, Ghouls, & Graveyards, Bicycle Style! 2010
- Louisa Re-Membered, 2007
- Lovely Lovettesville Loop: the Breeze and the Freeze, 2007
- Guest post on The Bicycle Story’s Throwback Thursday: Niagara Falls and Tandem Bike Tour Follies. A story of Felkerino’s and my first tandem tour.