Is it the balaclavas, booties, and lobster gloves? Think again. December is a fun month for commuting in Washington, D.C. because the streets and paths of the city become scarcely populated and the city brings out its holiday lights and decor to celebrate the season.
It’s also a great month to be a cyclist for a lot of other reasons.
1. You can decorate your bike.
2. You can wear a festive helmet cover.
3. You can take pictures of your bike under a beautiful tree.
4. You might run into holiday festivities during your ride.
5. You get to ride by both the White House and the Capitol Christmas trees!
Yes, December is a great time to be a cyclist in Washington, D.C. And while the balaclavas, booties, and lobster gloves may not be the fun part of December riding, they certainly make it more comfortable!