Welcome to springtime, dear readers. At least, I hope spring has truly arrived. The flowers believe it’s here so that’s nice. Achoo!
Finally, the homologation has been completed (with a minimum of side effects) and it’s time to announce the Errandonnee finishers.
In 2014, 64 people completed the Errandonnee. Of these, 32 were women and 32 men. A 50/50 split!
Combined, 4,071’ish miles were logged in the accomplishment of various errands, which averages out to more than 63 miles per person over the 12’ish days of the Errandonnee.
Great job, everyone! More information about this year’s Errandonnee to come. For now I leave it at that.
All finishers will receive an Errandonnee patch that can be ironed, sewn, or Shoe-Goo’d (in a well-ventilated area) onto many different things, including a saddle bag or pannier.
2014 Errandonnee Finishers
- Adam “Froggie” F. Norfolk Virginia
- Aimee M. Longmont, Colorado
- Amee C. Old Lyme Connecticut
- anniebikes. Burlington Vermont
- Astrid B. Lynnwood, Washington
- Becca C. Calgary, Alberta Canada
- Beth K. Columbia, Missouri
- Bikesnick. McLean, Virginia
- Bill A. Witchita, Kansas
- Bill A., the ultimate coffeeneur. Beaverton, Oregon
- Brad S. Bakersfield, California
- Brommie S. West Chester Pennsylania
- Cathy L. New York, New York
- Charlie T. Arlington Virginia
- Chris G. Washington, D.C.
- Colleen S. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Corbi B. Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
- Crystal B. Goleta, California
- Dani M. Washington, D.C.
- Darin G. Duluth, Minnesota
- David H. Kenmore, New York
- Debiguity D. Arlington, Virginia
- Ed Felkerino. Washington, D.C.
- Emily O’B. Medford, Massachusetts
- Enid K. Arlington, Virginia
- Eric P. (who named this challenge!) Takoma Park, Maryland
- Jeff G. Alexandria, Virginia
- Jess H. Worcestor, Massachusetts
- Jessie K. Portland, Oregon
- Jim B. Estes Park, Colorado
- Joan O. Arlington, Virginia
- Joe F. and the Instagrammed Errandonnee. Washington, D.C.
- Rootchopper! (exclamation optional) Alexandria, Virginia
- John R. Washington, D.C.
- Jonathon B. Suffolk, United Kingdom
- Jonathon P. Baltimore, Maryland
- mmmmbike! San Francisco, California
- Keith in Edmonton, Alberta Canada
- Kirstin “Ultrarunnergirl” C. Washington, D.C.
- Lena “Joyful Cyclist” V. Falls Church, Virginia
- Leslie T. Arlington, Virginia
- Lisa M. Takoma Park, Maryland
- Lisa “Rambling Rider.” Hyattsville, Maryland
- Lynne F. Portland, Oregon
- Madi “Family Ride” C. Seattle, Washington
- Nate N. Sioux Center, Iowa!
- Randy in Witchita, Kansas
- Rebecca C. Seattle, Washington
- Rebecca “Velovoice.” Bedfordhire, United Kingdom
- Ricky “Bike Every Day.” Silver Spring, Maryland
- Robert in Vienna, Virginia
- Sally “Town Mouse” H. Dumfries, Scotland!
- Sally H. Creswell, Oregon
- Sara S. Denver Colorado
- “americancyclo“. Falls Church, Virginia
- Shep B. Arlington, Virginia
- Shoji. Arlington, the one in Massachusetts
- sprite. She did it for Rudi. Keep on healing, buddy! Washington, D.C.
- Ted G. Medway, Massachusetts
- Jimmy Phoenix. Manchester, England
- Tom H. Billings, Montana
- Vance R. Greensboro, North Carolina
- Vannevar. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Vincent Z. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Congratulations to all finishers!
Note: If you think should be on this list, but are not, please send me a note via the “Contact” tab. Also, if there is an issue with how your name appears on this list, please let me know about that as well so that I may correct it.
Congrats to all and thanks to you!
Very cool that it was exactly 50-50. So much fun, thanks again for putting these joyful challenges on!
which method IS the best way to affix a patch to a carradice saddlebag?
Errandonnee around the world – impressive! It’s interesting that almost everyone is from cold northern climates and still completed the challenge.
I noticed that, too. Pretty cool (literally)!
Good point Joe, I did not notice that until you made me go and look.
Way to go Nate N. in Sioux Center Iowa!!
Yes, he is doing an excellent job of representing Iowa, (despite being a Cyclone) :).
[…] over at Chasing Mailboxes. How about @coffeeneur’s most recent plot to make you ride bikes, The Errandonnee? You see, “The Cycling Phenomenon” comes in all shapes and sizes. Now, go ride your bike […]
Just wondering if all the coveted patches have been shipped yet. Waiting wistfully on the west coast.
Not yet. Hoping to get them out early next week. Thanks!