Just before PBP 2011, I interviewed a group of 12 randonneurs to get their perspectives on various aspects of long-distance cycling. I talked with both men and women who were members of clubs throughout the United States. I called it the Randonneur Q&A.
The Randonneur Q&A covered big-picture randonneuring themes, including insights over the various brevet distances, and what it is about randonneuring that keeps drawing people back to it. With PBP 2015 less than a year around the bend, I thought it might be informative and inspiring to revisit these interviews.
Randonneur Q&A Interviews
- Katie S.R., New Jersey Randonneurs
- George Swain, Hudson Valley Randonneurs
- Joe Platzner, Seattle Randonneurs
- Chris Newman, New Jersey and Pennsylvania Randonneurs
- Rob Hawks, San Francisco Randonneurs
- Joe Brown, D.C. and Pennsylvania Randonneurs
- Vélocia, San Francisco Randonneurs
- Bill Beck, D.C. Randonneurs
- Lynne F., Oregon Randonneurs
- Barry Benson, D.C. Randonneurs
- Andrea M., D.C. Randonneurs
- Dan D., Great Lakes Randonneurs and Minnesota Randonneurs
Thanks again to everyone who was part of the Randonneur Q&A.
This is what awaits anyone who rides out to Lewis Orchard in Poolesville on a weekend right now – pumpkins rock!