Errandonnee 2015 Finishers and Honorable Mentions
The moment to announce the Errandonnee 2015 Finishers and Honorable Mentions is finally upon us! Thanks to all for their patience as I homologated entries.
This year’s edition of the challenge boasts 62 Finishers and 4 Honorable Mentions, including one Honorable Mention from Boston. Yes, that Boston, the one that received record-breaking snow this year.
Overall, errandeurs completed 804 errands and rode a cumulative 4,668 miles over the 12 days of the Errandonnee. That averages out to around 68 miles and just over 12 errands per person. Impressive? I say yes.
The states with the most representation are: Washington (10); the District of Columbia (10); California (5); Virginia (5); and Oregon (4).
While 53 participants live in the United States, 3 errandeurs hailed from England, 2 from Scotland, 2 from Finland, 2 from Canada, 1 from the Netherlands (I think), and 1 from Sweden.
This year’s totals stack up similarly in terms of overall miles and number of participants when compared to last year. However, there were many new Errandonnee participants as well as some repeat Errandonnee champions.
March isn’t the same for everyone. For some, it is a month of snow and cold. For others it means rainy days. Or wind. And for a few participants, March means sunny skies and days in the 70s– we’re jealous of you. Errandeurs ranged from more temperate states like California, Oregon, and Washington to “real winter” states like Minnesota, Michigan, Iowa, Montana, Pennsylvania, and New York. Not even winter days defy the determined errandeur.
Congratulations to everybody who took on the Errandonnee: 12 errands, 12 days, and last but not least, paperwork.
You did it!
- Jake of Bicyclist Abroad. The Netherlands @bicyclistabroad 113 miles
- Linel. Alexandria, Virginia @linelisel 83 miles
- Shirley of No Spandex Required. Seattle, Washington
@nospandexreq 48.2 miles
- Astrid. Lynnwood, Washington @astridbear 31.64 miles
- Chris of Riding the Mindway. Des Moines, Iowa @pyrtwist 147.7 miles
- Corbi of Pedaling Nut. Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania 68 miles
- Joe Flood. Washington, D.C. @joeflood 73 miles 16 errands!
- Randy of Randy and Nova’s Cycling Scrapbook. Haysville, Kansas 95 miles
- Jim of JE. Glasgow, Scotland @jimewing 52.7 miles
- Judy O. Toronto, Ontario Canada 35.5 miles
- Rachel C. Washington, D.C. @rachelcannon 81 miles
- Line B. Boulder, Colorado 125 miles
- Lis of Round World. Washington, D.C. azizza09 53 miles
- Jon of Peninsulawyer Suffolk, England @jonbloor 39.47 miles
- sprite. Washington, D.C. @spritewrites 30.1 miles
- Carol H. Bend, Oregon @carolski 67.1 miles
- Lydia of Lydia Rides. Espoo, Finland 167.09 miles
- Kel. Redmond, Washington 39.4 miles
- Rudi R. Washington, D.C. @randomduck 35.4 miles
- Marina of Sister Leigh Viticus Los Angeles, California @marinanachos 65.46 miles
- Madi of Family Ride Seattle, Washington @familyride 138 miles
- Annie of anniebikes. Burlington, Vermont 30 miles
- Sally of City Exile. Dumfries, Scotland @sallyhinch 88 miles
- Johanna L. Helsinki, Finland (formerly of #BikeDC!) @djjoha 32.5 miles
- John R. Washington, D.C. @dirteng 80.9 miles
- Eric of The Written Ride. Washington, D.C. 201 miles
- Anders. Märsta, Sweden 284 kilometers
- Eric W. San Francisco, California @ewalstad 229 miles!
- Bill A. Portland, Oregon @tangobiker 63.7 miles
- Glen B. Kirkland, Washington @glenbikes 119.51 miles
- Laura H. Seattle, Washington 41.5 miles
- Alicia M. Lynnwood, Washington 47.42 miles
- James H. (tandem!) Manchester, Connecticut 38.7 miles
- Laura G. (tandem!) Manchester, Connecticut 38.7 miles
- Eileen of Eileen On. Santa Monica, California 105 miles
- Bri of Bike Like Crazy in Upstate New York. 82 miles
- Crystal of Aesthetics of Everywhere. Santa Barbara, California (formerly of #BikeDC) @crysb 150 miles
- Biking Yogini. Arlington, Virginia @bikingyogini 45 miles
- Lisa D. Norfolk, Virginia 39.49 miles
- Tom H. Billings, Montana 66 miles
- Tess M. Beaverton, Oregon 35.8 miles
- Jimmy Phoenix Manchester, England 70 miles
- Nate P. Ann Arbor, Michigan (first Michigan finisher for a Chasing Mailboxes challenge!) @yikes_bikes 58.7 miles
- Rootchopper. Alexandria, Virginia @rootchopper 98.55 miles
- Zak S. Temecula, Washington @zakschwank 75 miles
- Jon P. Baltimore, Maryland 45 miles
- Michelle P. of The View from the Crosswalk. Kirkland, Washington @crosswalkview 50 miles
- Mark P. (Errundonnee!) also of a The View from the Crosswalk. Kirkland, Washington @crosswalkview 67 miles
- Gray H. Fort Collins, Colorado 48 miles
- Chris of PureFix Cycles Burbank, California 52 miles
- Nate N. Sioux Center, Iowa @clodhopperrides 55.65 miles
- G.E. of Endless Velo Love. Longmont, Colorado @endlessvelolove 58.5 miles
- Lynne of Lynne’s Mostly Cycling Blog. Portland, Oregon 40.16 miles
- Jessica K. Washington, D.C. @lawderly 32.4 miles
- Vannevar! Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania @vannevarb 66 miles
- Colleen S. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania @redinthe412 47 miles
- Deb of Debiguity. Arlington, Virginia @debiguity 88 miles
- Felkerino. Washington, D.C. @dailyrandonneur 35.65 miles
- Cynthia R. Sioux Center, Iowa 30 miles
- Andrea of Physics Girl on the Loose. Toronto, Ontario Canada. @aem2 49.5 miles
- Lynda T. Thousand Oaks, California 32.8 miles
- Martin of Martin is Cycling 365 Days Lincolnshire, England @winsladem 53 miles
- Matt of Just Like Riding (Honorable Mention). Boston, Massachusetts 45.3 miles
- Darin of Northwoods Trekkers (Honorable Mention!) Duluth, Minnesota 63.1 miles
- Rebecca of Velovoice (Honorable Mention) Bedfordshire, England @velovoice 25 miles
- Kate of Girl on a Bike (Honorable Mention) Washington, D.C. @girlonabikedc 26.6 miles
- Joan O. (Honorable Mention) Arlington, Virginia 34.5 miles
If you think you should be included on this list, please let me know by email or in the comments. Also, if I have somehow erred in presenting your Errandonnee information, let me know that as well.
If you have suggestions about how categories could be changed or rules adjusted, please let me know. I’m open to ideas.
Congratulations to all the finishers, almost-finishers, as well as the repeat Errandonnee finishers. Many thanks to everyone who participated. It might just have been the best Errandonnee yet!