Life and bikes in Washington, D.C. Sometimes a marathon. Since 2010, Chasing Mailboxes has been a space to reflect and share bicycling and running experiences.
I ride daily for transportation, and enjoy long-distance cycling and randonneuring. My husband and I regularly ride events with our local club, the D.C. Randonneurs. We escape the city from time to time to go bike touring, and participate in other non-rando cycling events.
Through Chasing Mailboxes, I’ve interviewed people about various cycling-related topics, including:
- Women BikeDC – interviews with women who live and ride in the D.C. area.
- BikeDC Speaks – discussions with D.C.-based cyclists about riding in D.C.
- Bikes to Like – featuring people’s bikes, particularly rando rides, but other bikes, too.
- Freezing Saddles – talking with D.C.-area commuters about winter commuting, including gear tips.
- On Writing and Riding – interviews with some of my favorite cycling-centric bloggers.
- We Love Coffeeneuring – interviews with coffeeneurs about all things bikes and coffee, including some of the “original coffeeneurs.”
Coffeeneuring and the Errandonnee
These challenges come to life through social media, and participants’ excellent guest posts.
Press and Recognition
- The Bicycle Story interview about coffeeneuring, BikeDC’s Friday Coffee Club, and randonneuring.
- Featured with Felkerino in BicycleSPACE’s Friends of the Shop write-up and video.
- Dmitry Gudkov’s first bicycle portrait of #BikeDC during his trip to the National Bike Summit.
- One of “5 Local Cycling Blogs You Should Follow“ in Washingtonian’s Well-Being blog.
- Featured by Pedal Dancer in Recommended Reading– Colorado 2014: By the Days and Miles.
- Extensive two-part interview with Suze, Cycling about bicycling and running, DC Cyclist: Part 1 and Part 2!
- Guest post on The Bicycle Story’s Throwback Thursday: Niagara Falls and Tandem Bike Tour Follies. A story of Felkerino’s and my first tandem tour.
- Motivational Monday profile by Bike Shop Girl.
- Profiled by Josie’s Bike Life in Women on Bikes and Women Involved.
Get In Touch
Thanks for reading! Have a comment, but don’t want to post it? Get in touch with me via the “Contact” tab. You’ll also find some of my randonneuring thoughts and experiences over at The Daily Randonneur.
Copyright: All photographs and written content appearing on this site are © 2010 – 2016 Chasing Mailboxes, unless otherwise noted. They are not to be downloaded or reproduced in any way without permission.