Ride your heart out… randonneuring, transportation cycling, coffeeneuring, and bike touring. Since 2010, Chasing Mailboxes has been a space to share stories about bicycling – both long rides and short ones, as well as tandeming and single bike riding. And sometimes I write about running, too.
My husband and I regularly ride with our local club, the D.C. Randonneurs. In 2011 we completed the famed 1200K Paris-Brest-Paris on tandem, and have completed a few other 1000K and 1200K rides together as well. Sometimes we participate in non-rando cycling events, and escape the city from time to time to go bike touring.
Through Chasing Mailboxes, I’ve interviewed people about various cycling-related topics, including:
- Women BikeDC – interviews with women who live and ride in the D.C. area.
- BikeDC Speaks – discussions with D.C.-based cyclists about riding in D.C.
- Bikes to Like – featuring people’s bikes, particularly rando rides, but other bikes, too.
- Freezing Saddles – talking with D.C.-area commuters about winter commuting, including gear tips.
- On Writing and Riding – interviews with some of my favorite cycling-centric bloggers.
- We Love Coffeeneuring – interviews with coffeeneurs about all things bikes and coffee, including some of the “original coffeeneurs.”
Coffeeneuring and the Errandonnee
These challenges come to life through social media, and participants’ excellent guest posts.
- The Bicycle Story interview about coffeeneuring, BikeDC’s Friday Coffee Club, and randonneuring.
- Featured with Felkerino in BicycleSPACE’s Friends of the Shop write-up and video.
- Dmitry Gudkov’s first bicycle portrait of #BikeDC during his trip to the National Bike Summit.
- One of “5 Local Cycling Blogs You Should Follow“ in Washingtonian’s Well-Being blog.
- Featured by Pedal Dancer in Recommended Reading– Colorado 2014: By the Days and Miles.
- Extensive two-part interview with Suze, Cycling about bicycling and running, DC Cyclist: Part 1 and Part 2!
- Profiled by Josie’s Bike Life in Women on Bikes and Women Involved.
Get In Touch
Thanks for reading! Have a comment, but don’t want to post it? Get in touch with me via the “Contact” tab. You’ll also find some of my randonneuring thoughts and experiences over at The Daily Randonneur.
Copyright: All photographs and written content appearing on this site are © 2010 – 2019 Chasing Mailboxes, unless otherwise noted. They are not to be downloaded or reproduced in any way without permission.